Sunday, May 30, 2010

D-WILL


I have to put this in the open-as if none of you already know. However I didn't pay DirecTV n they shut it off-but I wanna switch to Charter-if I do that all of my Utah Jazz games that I recorded will be gone-decisions, decisions- I can always watch him on YOUTUBE, but that doesn't really satisfy-It's been 3days! I'm quite honestly having withdrawls. He brought me back into the love of basketball that I lost so long ago-he's exciting and interesting to watch--So here is my confession of love for Deron Williams!!

"Charles Barkley called him the best point guard in the NBA-Kenny agrees" ESPN. COM
mid_highlights.jpg
mid_bio.jpgderon08_mid_teamUSA.jpg
mid_photos.jpg
mid_fans2.jpg
Highlights:






  • *Averaged 24.3 ppg, 10.2 apg in the 2009-2010 NBA Playoffs
  • *2010 All-NBA Second Team
  • *Named to the 2010 NBA All-Star Team
  • *Averaged 19.4 ppg & 10.7 apg in the 2008-2009 NBA Season
  • *Finished 2nd in the NBA in assists per game, 10.7
  • *Olympic Gold Medalist with Team USA, 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing
  • *Helped lead Utah in 2007-2008 to a NBA sixth best 54-28 regular season record, the Western Conference Northwest Division title and the 2008 NBA Playoffs. 
  • Finished 2008 playoffs averaging 21.6 ppg. and 10.0 apg
  • *Scored a career high of 41 points against the Dallas Mavericks in the 2007-2008 NBA Season
  • *Became only the 3rd player in NBA history (along with Magic Johnson & Kevin Johnson) to record over 1,500 pts. -(1,545), hand out over 800 assists (862) and shoot over .500 (.507) from the field in a single season. 
  • *Won the 2008 PlayStation Skills Challenge and set a record time for the final round, defeating USA teammates ---Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade and Jason Kidd.
  • *Team USA won gold at the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship.
  • *Averaged 25.8 points and 7.8 assists per game in the 2007 NBA Western Conference Finals and averaged 19.2 points and 8.6 assists per game in the 2007 NBA  Playoffs
  • *Led the Utah Jazz to its first appearance in the NBA Western Conference Finals since 1998
  • *Led the Utah Jazz to its first appearance in the NBA Playoffs since 2003
  • *Ranked second in the NBA in assists per game
  • *Dished out a career high of 13 assists twice, both against Golden State in the 2005-06 NBA Season
  • *Named to the 2005-06 T-Mobile NBA All-Star Rookie First Team
  • *2005 NBA Draft - Third Overall Selection by the Utah Jazz
  • *First player in Big Ten history to lead the conference in assists for three consecutive yrs
  • *Set single season Illini and Big Ten record for assists with 264
  •  *Tournament all three seasons advancing to the  Second Round, Sweet 16 and the National  Championship game
That's just a few and he's only been in the NBA since 2005 draft pick!!!

Since I always feel like I have to vote for the underdog-In this situation I am, but I'm not-he's proven himself time and time again, however-He can't carry an entire team on his own-but as you can see from some of his highlights above- he's doing the best he can! He has the Will To Win-lol---He'll have his time to shine soon enough-cuz he won't give up until he does.


Did I mention the fact that he runs a non-profit organization called "POINT OF HOPE"
His latest adventure in that was a Harley Run- He's also done a dodge ball game, Celebrity Golf tournament, Charity Basketball games, etc. he schedules something once a month during the season and off season.!







Thank you for letting me vent!! LOL



Did I mention he does tricks too? Seriously, this is him at a benefit golf tournament!



*Now would be a good time to mention that I stole most of this from his website www.deronwilliams.com- 

No comments:

Post a Comment