Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Restless.....again

I realize I wrote and posted this a few weeks ago, but in the light of the recent events...its seems a little more surreal now...

I'm restless again...
.you've got that feeling creeping back in.
 I hate this feeling. Uncontrol of myself. 
You found the only crack in my armor
keep seeping yourself in 
only at the most convenient times
You come and go 
 I'm unsure of what to do
I swallowed my pride and gave you my soul
Oh how lucky you are, thats something I'd never generally do

I've got to get back on track. 
I was doin so good too. 
I really don't want to feel like I have to hide about this again. 
I need a release.
 The workouts aren't doing their jobs anymore. 
Drinking to forget instead of enjoyment. 
Writing has begun to bore me. 
Painting is hard with no thoughts or drive. 
I can't sleep. 
My skin is a mess from this stress.
The anxiety is back....yet again...

Constant torture-
-continuous thoughts of what I can't control or change-
-the waiting is unbearable.
 I just wish I was sure of what this wait was for.
My life is on pause. To be continued.
 Constant pressure.
 I wish something would come along to occupy me. 
Occupy and entertain my thoughts.
Nothing seems to work.
There must be a reason for this.

Fear of the future.
Forgiving the past.
Heavy on my shoulders.
I feel like someone is following me.
I shouldn't have to watch my back.
I know your ass is coming before I ever see you
I'm so completely sure this isn't normal.
I shouldn't feel like this.

My emotions are raging.
From one scale to the next.
Don't stand so close,
I might snap your neck.
It's not my fault
I cant control it.
I'm  a total reckless mess.

How is this possible 
I don't understand it.
It just isn't me to not be in control of it.
The pleasure and the pain inflicted over this.
I'm positive your part of my past.
Way back when,
before the brutality of this new world,
before the electronics, maybe before the shiny cars
before the slave hangings, before the oil on the shore.
I know you to well to not know that.
This is the only thing I am sure of.

Go back to your homeland
make a new life there
your to close for my comfort
you just cant stay here
I'll buy you a ticket 
rent you a boat
you torture me
go far the fuck away
so I can get back to being me

I didnt sell my soul to the devil
this shit don't seem fair
I could totally pretend
pretend I never met your ass
If only you didnt scream my name
making sure I never forget your ass.
No chance of that happening 
I can assure you of that.

You make my skin crawl
pupils dilate
nostrils flaring
my stomach gets upset
I break out in cold sweats
nerves start jumping
hands start shaking
Can't you see your unhealthy for me
I know you dont want to do that to me

I pretend you have the same symptoms
it makes me feel like we relate
Sometimes its not pretending
I can see it in your ......wait......
all that bobbin and weavin
and lookin over shoulders
the constant stares but so quick to look away
you damn well know I see you
the jittery hands and constant movement
the shine on your face
dilated pupils and ......
me knowing every move your going to make

go away 
 relieve me from my restlessness
keep your voice out of my armor
I dont want to wait until next Summer
I dont want to be your friend
not even your homey
dont even want to see you face
your not prepared for me

as much as I complain and wish you'd disappear
the only time my soul is alive is when you stand near me
so completely alive again, never thought that was possible
I'm aware of my life again 
my feelings have been numbed from a disastrous life
your job is done here.....
so when's the next flight

No comments:

Post a Comment